Friday, July 11, 2014

One happy momma...and even happier babies!

Now that the girls are a little older, and like...LOVE to feed themselves, these little pouches can save the day sometimes!  I'm too Dutch to buy them in the store, plus I have this nifty gadget that I've blogged about before.  I've been using it here and there and have even emptied baby food jars into the pouches, just so we can go (talk about a waste!)  This morning, while they slept, I got to work.
17 pouches!!!


I made applesauce this morning with 3lbs Macintosh apples and baked the sweet potato the other night (although it's much easier to mash a hot potato), cut up 3 plums, 2 bananas, and pitted 10-15 cherries.  I would say it's about $7 worth of food, comes out to $.41/pouch, I think that's a great deal.  Here's what I made: 5 apples/sweet pot, 2 apples/cinnamon, 4 apples/plums, 2 apples/cherries, and 4 apples/bananas (with a little lemon juice).  Tada!  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment