Monday, April 21, 2014

What a great weekend!

What a great weekend!  Not only was the weather gorgeous, but we celebrated Easter!  I really missed teaching this week.  First, the excitement of the kids as we would study Holy Week.  They were always in awe of the different stories that happened each day leading up to the cross.  I loved teaching them what Jesus went through just for me.  I learned so much from preparing the lessons, but also from the kids, faith like a child.  What a blessing!  I can't wait to be able to teach these truths to my girls.  I'm pretty sure that we're the only family (according to fb) that didn't take a family photo, but I did get some of my girls on Saturday in their Easter dresses.

yes, i know, she isn't the most photogenic child :) but she was 'looking' at me 


If only I could read minds...if they could run, I'd think they were planning an escape

"You stay here, I'll go first"

Obviously something is more interesting than me.





Poor Maddie, just wanted to join us.

  Today was also gorgeous!  They were finally able to wear their new spring outfit from gramma vk.  I took the girls out to play for a while, this time I let Maddie join us.  However, after 5-10 minutes I noticed she had disappeared.  I called for her, bribed her, yelled for her...no dog.  Brought the girls back inside and set off to find Maddie.  There's really only 2 places she'd go:  in the ravine to dig holes or to the river (she discovered she could get there last year).  Since she wasn't in the ravine I trekked down the almost dried creek and sure enough, she was having a hay-day swimming in the bayou.  Thankfully it isn't the actually river at the end of the creek, she'd just swim with the current.  Crazy dog!  No pictures of her, but here's the new outfits.
hey, sit up!


good, now stay right there.






we are in trouble...

ps.  we will be 9 months old tomorrow.  our mom is sorry about the photo bombing today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment