Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A few thoughts...

I had some great memories this morning of tinkering in my grandpa groelsma's basement with him.  It all started when I decided it was time to mop the floor again.  I have a Shark steam mop that I love.  It's fairly easy to push and the floors always a smooth and clean for the 15 minutes before the girls get up from naps.  However, this morning it wouldn't steam.  I know my water has minerals in it and I'm sure they are clogging something up.  So after the girls are in bed tonight I will take it apart and see what I can find.  I can't do any more damage to it, it doesn't steam any longer.  My grandpa was a fix-it man, same with my dad.  But I can remember working in the basement with grandpa on several things, my favorite tool of his was the hand drill.  I hope my girls will have fond memories like those some day too.  As for the mop, I feel like I have pretty good odds.  I fixed my 1st sewing machine, as well as my 2nd.  I've completely taken apart my vacuum and put it back together using all the parts, so I feel like I've got somethings going for me...I know dad, I should stop while I'm ahead.  I'll let you know how it goes later.

While I dream about taking apart my mop, my girls and I enjoyed the beautiful weather today.


I wish you could hear her giggling!





Kenzie had more fun circling the pool and tasting the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment