Sunday, February 8, 2015

The truth with 3...

It's the little things that matter.  We had a few major successes today!  Kayla took almost 2oz of formula from a bottle and I found a pipe that she might actually keep in.  YAY!  This means I can take the next step in looking into gym memberships.  Kenzie told me she wanted to sit on the potty tonight!  Lasted 5 seconds and then got off and proceeded to pee on the floor...it's the little things, she knew she had to go.  Khloe learned to keep the spoon upright instead of tipping it upside down and losing all the food on it!  After I thought she was done I gave the rest to Maddie...Khloe ran over, took the bowl away and grabbed a fistful of oatmeal and ate it...it's the little things.  Kayla went to sleep at 7:35pm tonight!!!!  We put the twins down, enjoyed 10 minutes of quiet time with no kids...Kayla's back up and crying.  But she did go down for a few minutes of peace...it's the little things.  Be right back!  Ok...a few more things, this time Kayla is helping me write.
I found silverware in my pantry - Khloe is growing taller and can now reach the silverware drawer
Wooden blocks are all over the house - Kenzie has quite an arm and throws with the best of 18 mo olds.  Like I said, it's the little things.  So, this week, look for the little things.  Because even though they're small, like my girls, they're significant!  Don't get me wrong, it's hard, really hard.  I've called my sister in tears.  I've begged my mom to come over and play with the big girls for a break.  I've walked out and left Joe with the girls, only to make it 2 blocks, catch my breath and come back.  I've shed a lot of tears in the last 18 months, but I wouldn't change it for anything.  Pictures to come...
I almost forgot, I was leaving church this morning and an older lady stopped me and said, You have the best behaved children I've ever seen.  Made my day.  I first replied, "well, they love to be held and when I only have 1 with me at a time, I can hold them the whole service."  But as I thought about it, I thought I must be doing something right, they are great girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment